Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pesky Mosquitos

I read Nick B's post about Malaria in Africa, I thought it was interesting so I found a few more facts about it.   While there has been a 50% reduction in deaths from malaria from 2000 to 2006, there is still a high number of malaria infections and deaths in Africa.  The article from the World Health Organization or WHO, 10 facts on Malaria in Africa, had a lot of information that I didn't know about.  One of the interesting facts is that they try to prevent getting bit by using treated nets that go above and below your bed and that is helping reduce the number of deaths.  They are also doing other things like indoor spraying and preventative treatments to help reduce malaria deaths.  I'm glad that we don't have a huge problem like this in the United States.  What would it be like if we didn't have mosquitos?

No comments:

Post a Comment