Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Get Your Party On!!! XD

            Have you ever heard of "Festival of the Desert"? Well in village of  Essakane, Mali in West Africa travelers visits the three day festival. The travel is hours across rocky terrain and sandy dunes, just to get to the world's most remote music festivals. Crazy Right? Also, your choices of travel is car or a camel without any paved roads. The festival was created by the Tuaregs- to show their culture to the world. The festival is really popular and many western musicians perform there. The festival includes traditional dancing, singing, and even camel rides. Would you like to go? Is the travel worth it? Lastly, would you travel by car or camel?
    

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I never knew something like this even existed in Africa. Did u know that there are musicians from all over the world including Mali, Mauritania, and Niger. Not to mention it’s could be over 85 degrees and hot meals are prepared at the festival. Talk about one hot day. I would totally ride a camel to this spot instead of a car to get the full experience. I think this would be incredible to visit this amazing place and experience all the different kinds of music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this festival very interesting. I love music so maybe some day (most likely when I'm an adult) I'll go! I found their web site and they call "The Festival Of The Desert" "Festival au Désert" which I believe is French. The people part of this festival are actually part of a caravan too. Lastly, I would take a car, with working air conditioning of course.

    ReplyDelete