Popular Posts
-
Well, in the ancient world, there are a couple of civilizations, Chinese, Phoenicians, Israelites, Egyptians, and many others. Have you hear...
-
Yes, it's true. I was looking at Hallie S.'s blog , and decided to look into the subject a little more. Malaria is a problem. CDC(Ce...
-
I found the blog post Manya C. wrote very interesting and I decided to do some more research on the topic " Annie Anopheles .” An...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
-
In Will J's post he highlighted the Indiegogo project trying to bring Aerial Ranger drones to protect the endangered wildlife in...
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Sleeping sickness
I read on Annabelle R. post that in Africa that there is a disease called Sleeping Sickness. It can be deadly and painful. The disease is from tsetse fly, also known as a parasite called Trypanosoma brucei, that can be found in rural places in Africa. Most of the disease is found in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia and, Malawi. If bitten you might have red sores, swollen lymph nodes and, really bad headaches. If it isn't treated you can go into a coma then eventually death. If you ever saw or knew someone with this would you tell them about this and help or stay away from them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment