Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sleep to Death

   Earlier I read Noel's post about sleeping sickness. It was a great post, but sleeping sickness also has other symptoms. For example, it also can inflame your kidney, shut down your nervous system, infect your lymph nodes, or cause cardiac arrest . Finally, in the last stage of the disease you can go into a coma and die. Of course it depends on what transmitted the disease to you and what strain of the sickness it is. Some forms can kill you and others are very curable. So if your doctor told you that you were diagnosed with sleeping sickness, you could go into a coma die in a few months.... or you could just be really confused and not be able to fall asleep. Its one of those situations where your doctor would say maybe you will die, or maybe not, and if you doctor says maybe you'll die then you should go to a better doctor. what would you do if you contracted sleeping sickness and your doctor was vague about your condition? Would you get a new doctor or kill your doctor, bury his body behind the hospital then move to Morocco? just kidding don't do that.







1 comment:

  1. This is a super good post! The title really caught my eye. Though, when I read about all the symptoms it ran shivers down my spine. For your question I'd just get a new doctor, since no blood shall ever be on my hand, after all that's what an assassin is for.:) I feel very lucky that I haven't caught the sleeping sickness and very sorry for those who have and are in the critical and dangerous stage. What I found interesting is that you can only catch this disease in 36 countries in Africa from tsetse flies. Another interesting fact is that it's very unlikely to catch it in the cities of Africa.

    ReplyDelete