Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Matthew's post about Kenya animal hunting

           After reading Matthew's post about Kenya, I learned that many animals, mostly elephants have been killed by poachers. I did more research on the article and found out that some people use the elephant parts for medicine. But I think that benefits people who are sick and poor. It is a crime because many animals are dying. Also did you know some people sell the animal parts for antiques! That is the worst part, those poor animals.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of agree with you because I think it's really stupid to take a part of an animal and put in your house to stare and look at something that's dead. That's really stupid to kill rhinos because they don't even have any medicine in them. I read on a site that the horns can only lower a fever in a rat and in China that experimented if horns actually work on humans and they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I love animals and it's horrible that they do this. 122 rhinos were killed in 2009, 333 in 2010, and 388 in 2012. It's really sad that they're killing them for their horns. People can't really do anything about poaching and it really sucks. Basically everyone wants it to stop, but there's no proof that it will. Since 2008, the number of rhinos that have been dead from poaching is increasing. This has been happening in South Africa.

    ReplyDelete