We know the mountains are a major landform of Greece. Mountains separated
the people and forced them to live in small communities. These
communities were completely separated from each other. Only about 1/5 of
Greece is good for farming. As a result, the Greeks had to trade food to
areas that couldn't grow any and they had to use the water to do it because the
mountains separated them. How do you think the Greeks felt that lived in the
areas without farmland and were forced to rely on importing food for their survival? Do you think that some of the Greeks felt completely
isolated and dependent on others?
Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
I cant believe how hard it is to live like that. Living isolated from all the good people in the other villages. I cant believe wondering if your even going to eat your next meal. Veggies were a main diet in Greece and only 1/5 of the land was good to grow plants on. Life was hard back then now days you don't even doubt eating. My god thing have changed over the years.
ReplyDelete