Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Drones and Poachers.

 The post Logan F. made about drones in Africa was interesting. I found more info about this post. I found out that because of poachers, Africa lost 50 rhinos in 2013 alone. More than 1,004 rhinos were poached in South Africa last year with 688 the previous year. The event even hit a new record. With only 25,000 African rhinos it isn't a good idea to hunt them for money such as a hunter did. He payed 350,000 to kill a black rhino, this led to him receiving death threats almost every day sent to him. It is a good idea for people to also create traps for poachers. Another thing I think that it was a good idea to is create drones to protect animals in danger from poachers. For the above reasons, I can't imagine if people just came to Michigan or my home town killing animals for money. Not if they were precious, such as rhinos are to Africa at least and such as drones are to rhinos. Would you risk killing animals for money and death threats?http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/18/world/africa/south-africa-record-rhinos-poached/

2 comments:

  1. This is very very wrong. I read in some wildlife magazine that this poacher sold a baby leopard cub that he probably found somewhere in Africa. Fortunatly the cub was sold to someone that took care of the cub and I saw photos of the cub drinking a milk bottle. Anyway the drones are the best way for stopping poachers in my opinion. The drones are what most people are doing their blog on. You can see ariel photos of African animals from the drones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the deal with killing rhinos is ridiculous. It's so wrong to kill an animal just for one part of their body. I'd like to ask poachers how they would like it if an animal killed them just for their arm or some other part of their body. If you are going to kill an animal you should try to use as much as you can. It's amazing to me how wasteful people are to a life form that God created. I did some research and I read that the reason people hunt rhinos are for their horns. There is a huge market for them in Asia because they can be used for many different medicines. In my opinion I still don’t think it’s right to kill an endangered animal for this.

    ReplyDelete