I recently learned about the nothing but nets organization to help stop malaria in Africa from James T's post. I thought it might be interesting so I looked more into the situation. When you go Nothingbutnets.net you can save a family by donating just 10 up to 1000 dollars so they can receive net. However, donating is not the only way they are earning money. In North Carolina Brian and Tim Helfrich hosted an event for athletes to run a four mile obstacle course to raise money. The race raised more then 3100 dollars for the charity! Will you donate?
Popular Posts
-
Of all the Greek goddesses, Athena is my absolute favorite goddess! She is the goddess of war and cunning wisdom. I think Its pretty cool t...
-
This book started out with some kids who worked at a carpet store for their master Hussain Khan to pay off their debt. None of them have se...
-
Have you ever heard of the Black Rhino? I wouldn't be surprised if you have. The Black Rhino is among many of the animals that are enda...
-
An Eye for An Eye Is it really fair? In 1792 BC Hammurabi ruled the Babylonia Empire. While he ruled...
-
Well, in the ancient world, there are a couple of civilizations, Chinese, Phoenicians, Israelites, Egyptians, and many others. Have you hear...
No comments:
Post a Comment