Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A 13 Year Old With Big Dreams

A 13 year old With Big Dreams



I read about a 13 year old boy who lives in Kenya right by Nairobi National Park, that made an amazing low cost invention. Richard Turere, an "average" boy who just needed a way to keep out those annoying lions from eating his dads livestock, used his knowledge to create an invention.He took light bulbs connected it it into this electrical box , placed them on the outside of the fence where the livestock was. The electric box was connected to the bulbs which made the light bulbs flicker. This intimidated the lions and also scared the lions off .He made this invention with no past knowledge, no help whatsoever, just pure genius! I think its amazing how he made a very smart invention with no help whatsoever, Including the fact that he even figured  out  how to keep the lions away, and then made the very useful solution! If you could create an invention so scare off lions what would it be/what would your idea be?



2 comments:

  1. I would invent an electric fence that went around my land, and would shock the lion when ever he or she comes to close to the animals! I also think that it's amazing how he come up with this invention by him self, but I find it even more incredible that he did all of that without having any prior education! Anything really great thing that come out of this fascinating invention is that Richard Turere got a scholarship to Brookhouse International School, which is one of the highest rated schools in Kenya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's really cool that someone our age came up with something like that, with no experience with stuff like that! I would probably never be able to do that, but if I had to come up with something like that, I would probably just put up a giant fence, but since lions can jump up to 36 feet, you would have to make a REALLY HUGE fence. I'd rather just live in a place with no lions....

    ReplyDelete