Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Almost Gone

The Addax also known as though whites antelope, and it is one of the most endangered animals in Africa today. It can be found in the Sahara desert, the Addax has horns that can be 31 inches for females and 33 for males. The males stand from 105 to 115 cm (41 to 45 in) at the shoulder, with females at 95 to 110 cm (37 to 43 in).The addax was once abundant in North Africa, native to Chad, Mauritania and Niger. It is extinct in Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Sudan and western Sahara. It has been reintroduced in Morocco and Tunisia, and now with only about 300 of its kind in the wild. I think its a shame these animals are on the verge of extinction, there so cool looking, and if I could have one as a pet I would take it in a heart beat. What almost extinct animal would you want and why?

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely want the giant panda because it's so adorable! But anyways back to the Addax animal... I clicked the link and then found myself looking at a very cute animal with white fur. You're very correct about the animal that it has very long horns because when I saw it, I noticed that the Addax had the longest horns I have ever seen on an animal. I also found a really nice website that would have a little bit of information on the Addax. http://animal.discovery.com/mammals/addax-info.htm

    ReplyDelete