Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Nollywood

     America has a place where everyone goes to be a star from all over the world. Why can't anyone else have that kind of thing? Well they do! Nigeria has Nollywood. In fact Nollywood has produced more movies than Hollywood has. Placing it ahead of America's film industry and just before India's. The annual revenue is about $590 million a year. Which makes about 50 movies a week (imagine all those commercials). Since Nollywood is making about half a billion a year they charge new actors to audition. If you want to be a famous actor it would be a better investment to make foreign films with Nollywood. So would you want to go to Nollywood someday?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! I was born nearby Hollywood, and I thought that it was one of the world's best film making place, but it surprised that Nollywood is also another cool place!. I think that it is very amazing that Nollywood, is better than Hollywood, and the amazing amount of money. However, I think that Hollywood, the place is cooler. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just surprised that a place I have never heard of has higher revenues than Hollywood! i think I would love to go to Nollywood, depending on how much they charged for new actors which I doubt they charge a lot of money, but I could be wrong. I think i would rather stay in America than go to Nigeria, just because its somewhat safer to live in America than it is to Nigeria because of all the diseases that are commonly found there.

    ReplyDelete