Popular Posts

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Killing of the Livestock

I feel really bad for Richard Turere  and his people because all their livestock is getting killed off by the lions. They believed that they came down from heaven along with their animals. So since the lion attacks became more frequent, Richard discovered that the lions were afraid of a moving light source. He found this out because he thought that the fire would scare them away(And he was right) Then, Richard tried to find out if he could build something... some sort of light source that moved and flashed, all on his own. He managed to build one, out of his mother's radio (solar panels) I don't think I would EVER be able to build my own solar powered flashing light when I'm living in the wilderness! Would you be able to?

5 comments:

  1. I would never be able to do something like that especially without an education. I can't even imagine doing anything like that, but I guess that just shows that we can do anything if we set our minds to it. It's pretty amazing if you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's a great idea to make your own light source. If he knows how than he definitely should. Especially if it's going too save his life stock.It's also good that he's going to use solar panels because it saves energy. If he can't build the light maybe he can find a way to make a contained fire that wouldn't hurt or scare his animals but only the outside animals. At least that's what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not good with any kind of technology and building a solar powered flashing light in the wilderness!? I would never ever be able to do that. Also going that close to a lion in the first place, and he is only 13 years old!!!!!!!Richard Turere did a LOT for his people.

    ReplyDelete