March 5th 2012 a video was uploaded on YouTube the video was titled 'Kony 2012'. This 30 minute documentary brought awareness to a large issue facing Africa. The video has nearly 100,000,000 views! Joseph Kony has captured over 30,000 kids in total. He turns the male children into solders and the woman into sex slaves and servants. As of 2007 it was estimated Kony had over 90 wives and 50 children! Since the video was published a few years ago 3.7 Million people have donated to the Invisible Children (The organization that made the video). Though celebrities such as Obama has done something to help this cause many people believe this to be a hoax, what do you think?
Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
I don't think it is a hoax, but I think the Invisible Children's priorities are messed up. Yes, Kony is a bad man, but there are way worse people in existence that need to be stopped more than he does. I think we should try to clean up our country before we clean up others. I also wanted to point out that you forgot a big part of it which is that Kony would make the kids kill their family.
ReplyDeleteI do not believe this a hoax either; however i can agree that the Invisible Children organization has a good purpose but they have many things wrong with them. For example, only a very meager amount of the donations are used to help this cause. Another completely outrageous thing that makes me upset is the guy who made the Kony video was arrested! He was kind of the leader of this and he was sent to jail for a mistake he made which reflects badly on his work and the video in general I bet less people wanted to help since the guy who made this film was arrested for doing something pretty bad.
ReplyDelete