Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela was born July 18, 1918 in Umtata, Cape of Good Hope. Died in December 5, 2013.nelson was the first president of South Africa he was president from 1994-1999. His negotiations in the early 1990s with the South African president won him the Nobel peace prize in 1993. Nelson went to primary school in qunu. His teacher Miss. Mdigane gave him the name nelson because all children at that school had to have christened names. Do you think nelson is his real name?


2 comments:

  1. I do think Nelson could be a real name. I think now that he died more people will want to name their kids Nelson.Do you know where did he die and how? Do you also know if Nelson Mandela actually went to ms. Midganes funeral?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was a really interesting question, so I looked into it. I found out Nelson's real name was Rolihlahla. His father gave him this name, and it means "pulling the branch of a tree.” It can also mean “troublemaker.” So I agree that Nelson was not his real name. My source also said the name Nelson was given to him at school by his teacher, Miss Mdingane.

    ReplyDelete