Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sitting on the Floor What???

          In Malawi, there are more than 90 kids in a classroom that sit on the floor to learn, without any desks to write on and there body's aching in pain. Many Students have to learn outside of school sitting on the dirt, but it makes it very difficult to teach outside especially in the rainy season. Although, inside the school kids classrooms have no electricity the only light they have is through the holes in the walls. Doors are there but they are usually left open so there can be light. In Malawi there are many districts, In the Nkhata Bay District there are about 25,796 desks there, this means on average only three kids are able to sit at one desk. What If you had to sit on cement or dirt floor for 5 days a week and 7 hours a day would you do it?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad that the children have to sit on dirt floors. I also found that the nice schools had cracked cement floors to sit on, that's not even nice. To teach outside in the rain doesn't even sound legal. That is not fair for the students. If I had on the cement or dirt that much I think I might die. Would you sit on the floor for that long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that right to let kid set on the floor for 7 hours of the day I'd rather be home schooled then that but kids in Malawi have to do that and I feel so bad. Image having to do that man I can only image the pain that the kid have to go through and I wish I could do something about it instead of typing how I felt but I am only a kid. If I had the power and more money I think I would do something like buy them chair or bean bags. If you had the chance and the money to do something like this would you and how?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...but I am only a kid."???? Whoa!! Didn't we learn that kids can change the world? Didn't a 13 year old kid solve the problem of the lions attacking his family's livestock using electrical wiring? Didn't he earn himself a full scholarship for that?
    DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT!!!
    : )

    ReplyDelete