Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Holi
Hindu people in India celebrate the end if winter and the beginning of spring with the holiday called Holi. The festival takes place in the cities called Suriname, Fiji, Mauritius, and Trinidad all in India. The tradition was spread across the world when people started to travel to certain parts of the world to give joy by throwing paints and powder in the air. This event is breathtaking to see because it is beautiful. It would be awesome to go see the festival and all the people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have only seen pictures of this celebrations but sounds like a whole lot of fun! It is cool because who would not what to throw random powdered colors everywhere! It would be cool to have the Holi festival here in America. It's just something I would really enjoy to be a part of. And the view of everyone throwing multiple colors in the air is just breath taking. But Holi is just one of the many very fascinating traditions.
ReplyDelete