Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Like Bioshock Infinite, but on a mountain!

If I had to choose somewhere in the Middle East, I would visit mountains! Specifically the Taurus Mountains in Turkey. The Taurus Mountains include four ranges with multiple beasts. The one I want to visit is the tallest of all and is in the Aladaglar range; Mt. Demirkazik. Demirkazik is 3,756 meters above sea level. The only problem with that, is I would feel really ill during this! While researching the Taurus Mountains, I found a page about Altitude Illness that says being above 3,000 meters for times ranging from 12 to 24 hours causes headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea, and more. If the altitude was any higher I would probably die. I wouldn't go too high up, I'd just go up a bit, see the view, and leave. Would you climb a mountain and why?

1 comment: