Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Building in the Sky

Burj Khalifa: The tallest building in the world. Well, most people call it the Burj Dubai. This building is an amazing skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab, and is 2,717 feel tall! The shape of the building is designed so that it won't fall over. It goes inwards (kinda like steps) as it goes higher, and ends in a point. The construction of this crazy building began in January, 2004 and ended in January, 2010. It took 6 years to build! Would you go through all the time and trouble to design and build a building that tall!?

1 comment:

  1. This building sounds really cool! I also did my blog on the Burj Khalifa. I would be afraid to visit it though, because I don't like heights. I think it's strange that they spent so much time on the building, but I'm sure it attracts tourists. Did you know that there is also many shops, and even some hotels and offices next to it?

    ReplyDelete