Popular Posts
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
The Building in the Sky
Burj Khalifa: The tallest building in the world. Well, most people call it the Burj Dubai. This building is an amazing skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab, and is 2,717 feel tall! The shape of the building is designed so that it won't fall over. It goes inwards (kinda like steps) as it goes higher, and ends in a point. The construction of this crazy building began in January, 2004 and ended in January, 2010. It took 6 years to build! Would you go through all the time and trouble to design and build a building that tall!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This building sounds really cool! I also did my blog on the Burj Khalifa. I would be afraid to visit it though, because I don't like heights. I think it's strange that they spent so much time on the building, but I'm sure it attracts tourists. Did you know that there is also many shops, and even some hotels and offices next to it?
ReplyDelete