Popular Posts

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Spa Day in Turkey!

If I could go on a vacation anywhere in the Middle East, I would go to Pamukkale, Turkey, a popular spa destination. Pamukkale, is a site of a completely natural hot springs, filled with minerals. (Some, slightly radioactive, but not very harmful.) The calcium carbonate gives the cliffs and ground the white color. Pamukkale actually means "Cotton Castle" in Turkish. Although, in the winter, climbing barefoot in the cold water can be uncomfortable. In the summer, the sun reflects off of the white color and the springs can be very hot, so be sure to pack your hat and sunglasses! Would you want to visit Pamukkale?

2 comments:

  1. I searched up this place when I was looking for a topic. This place says it has lots of springs, which could be cool because I never went into a hot spring before. I would like to visit this place, because I have been thinking to go to Turkey or Europe. I was wondering there was any other place in Turkey that has been a hot hit for tourists.(I know there are some, but I don't know them specifically)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Pamukkale because it sounds relaxing and I think it would be an excuse to go to Turkey.

    ReplyDelete