Popular Posts
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
Friday, December 6, 2013
I Came,I Saw,I Learned
Have you ever heard the phrase “Veni, Vidi, Vici”? This famous saying by Julius Ceasar came from his fast victory over Pontus in Turkey, which is a country in the Middle East. The phrase means “I came, I saw, I conquered”. This area in Turkey near the Black Sea is said to be a sweet kingdom. Some other cool things about this Middle Eastern country is that Turkey is the 37th largest country in the world. It is also bordered by 3 different seas, the Black Sea, the Mediterranean Sea and the Aegean Sea. And did you know that while Turkey is a bird name, the country also has over 472 species of birds there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The word Agean is derived from the Greek word Ageae which was Queen Agea Queen of the Amazons. She died in the sea the Aigaion or the "sea goat". Which is another name for Briareus, one of th Hecatonchires, or Ageus, the father of Thesis. Thesis drowned himself in the Agean sea when he thought his son died.
ReplyDeletewow nice blog i want to visit these places some day it seems cool
ReplyDelete