Popular Posts
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Out of This World
Have you ever wanted to go to a space-station in real life? Well the people of Baikonur basically have one in their backyard. The Baikonur Cosmodrome is the largest space-station in the world and is located in the Republic of Kazakhstan. This name is very misleading however. Baikonur is small town about 200 miles northeast of the space-station. The former Soviet Union intentionally made this misleading name so that it was harder to find the exact location of this amazing launch pad. The Baikonur Cosmodrome was founded in 1955 and is one the the two major Russian Federations space-stations. Many people say that going to a space station is very nerdy, but I think it could be one of the interesting places you could ever go. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Call me nerdy...I want to go!
ReplyDelete