Popular Posts

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Go Middle-East, Young Man

One amazing thing about the Middle East is the phenomenal cuisine. In my opinion its out of this world. If your in the mood for something both healthy and delicious go to Turkey (not for turkey, you will just have to wait till thanksgiving) for some delicious Hummus. A sauce made with tahini, chick peas, salt, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Best served with pita bread and a glass of water. Pita bread you can find in Iran and Turkey and is a nice flat circular bread good for dipping and sandwiches (No, seriously!)! Crave something with protein? How about Falafel? A deep fried ball of  ground chick peas or fava beans or both. Mmm, sounds good to me! Now I'm hungry! What do you think out of these sounds best to you?

3 comments:

  1. I honestly think the humus with pita bread sounds the best. It sounds like a good combo of flavors. I had not known that humus was invented in Turkey. It was a big surprise for me. I also hadn't really known what pita bread was. Is it a hard kind of bread? If it was, I'd understand that is is good for dipping. To me, it sounds as though that falafel is served at fast food restaurants. Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this made me hungry. I think the food you mentioned Miles, is delicious. I had Hummus, Falafel, and chick peas. All, very yummy indeed! I think it was very cute of you to include the part about going to Turkey, but not to receive turkey. Very clever, very funny, very appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making me hungry while I am grading the blog!!

    ReplyDelete