Popular Posts

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The tallest building in the world

In the middle of downtown Dubai, there is the tallest building in the world. Known as the Burg Khalifa, it stands 2,716.5 feet. It has broken the record for tallest free-standing building, tallest building and tallest structure. This tower has 160 floors and the tallest service elevator in the world. Construction started in January 2004, and the grand opening was in January 2010. It took 6 years to build! There is an observation deck, numerous hotels and office buildings either in or near this building. Would you like to visit this building?

2 comments:

  1. I would like to visit this place, but not the top floor! I have a fear of heights and 2,716.5 feet would be crazy! i can't understand why anyone would want to go to that floor. But again, that's my opinion. I can't believe it only took 6 years to build! A building that big should take way longer. Would you like to visit the top floor or any floor for that matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this topic is great! I agree with Miles I would be so scared to go to the top floor. What if you were the window cleaner. I heard it takes 3 months for the thousands of windows to be washed only on the outside! Could you imagine? It's amazing it took only 6 years to build because my house took 1.5 years and its not even a fraction of that buildings size. How many builders took to build that building?

    ReplyDelete