Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Sky Scraping Building

The Sky Scraping Building 

Did you know that the tallest building in the world is, the Burj Khalifa,  located in Burg, Dubai in Saudi Arabia? It is over 828 meters otherwise known as 2,716.5 feet.  Not only did it break the record of tallest building in the world, but it also set the record for tallest free standing structure. It also is the highest number of stories in the world.  The construction started on September 21, 2004! The exterior construction ended October 1, 2009; the building opened January 4, 2010. It took about 5 years! Could you wonder how long it would take to climb to the top of the building using stairs?


3 comments:

  1. I think it would be really cool to go in that building, but not to go to the top, because I would probably be really scared about how high it was. I can't imagine spending 5 YEARS working to make a building that tall! It would also probably take a really long time to get to the top since there are 163 floors! They’d better have pretty fast elevators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really tall building! Can you imagine the view at the top? It's probably beautiful but scary at the same time. I wouldn't even be able to get to the top with 163 floors. It must have been a hard, long, and tiring job to build the building, taking five years! I'm sure everyone was excited when they finished it. What is the building used for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be REALLY tiring to climb up all those stairs! I read somewhere that the Burj Dubai had 160 flights of stairs! I really want to visit this awesome building someday! I also agree with Olive, they should make really fast elevators. If I went up there, I would go all the way to the top. Would you go to the very top?

    ReplyDelete