Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Color Color Color Color Colors of Holi :)
Holi, an Indian festival that dates back to ancient times is a festival celebrated across India. This festival was originally called Holika and is depicted in sculptures on old temple walls and in paintings dating back to the16th century. Probably the most well known part of Holi is the colorful part! During this spring festival, colorful dyes and powders fill the air and children run around excited to smear dye on their friends. Now Holi is celebrated differently across India, but one things for sure, whether you're in Bengal, Delhi, Goa, or anywhere else in India, Holi is a great way to have fun and kick off spring! I know that I would love to participate in the festivities of Holi because I think it would be a ton of fun to get to run around with color filling the air. Would you find it fun to be covered in colorful powder?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Clever title!
ReplyDelete