Popular Posts

Thursday, May 15, 2014

SALVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



My book is based on a true story about Salva and Nya's life. Salva is now in a refugee camp with all gender different age and sizes. Refugee Camps are shelters for misplaced people during the war. Refugee Camps were run by the government and a descent place to live in the mid-1880s. The way Salva had to get there was by foot all the way from Sudan to Ethiopia! During this walk he had barley no food, but I can imagine once he got to the refugee camp that he provided enough food to live off of. These were often filled with thousands of people, especially during the time of the war that was going on. When Salva got to the Refuge Camp he thought he saw his mother so he pushes through everyone to see if it is her, but he gives up because he remembers what his uncle told him that barley anyone had the survived the bombing in his village and that the people who did survive no here they were. If I were in Salva's shoes I would definitely go just to make sure if it is my mom or not. Do you agree with me?why or why not? 










































































































1 comment:

  1. I do agree with you. If I lost everything and everyone in my life. I sure as heck AM NOT gonna listen to some stupid thing my uncle said. I'm going to double check if some random woman is my mother! I read that people would come from all over the continent (the places that got bombed) to come to these refugee camps. How far would you be willing to travel in these conditions?

    ReplyDelete