That shirt you’re wearing where did it come from? No i do
not mean what store you bought it at, i mean where did the shirt come from?
There is about an 80% chance that that shirt you are wearing was produced at a
sweatshop. What is a sweatshop? Well according to the dictionary Sweatshop
definition a sweatshop is a shop employing workers at low wages, for long
hours, and under poor conditions... This sounds bad right? The conditions of
these sweatshops are horrid. 22 million innocent children die each year due to
poor conditions at sweatshops. That is more than the population of New York!
The government of the countries that
these sweatshops are in are trying to
stop these factories by passing law that give an age limit to the people who
work there, setting a minimum wage, and setting a maximum number of hours people could work. However
they still break these rules and get away with it. In the book i am reading The Boys Without Names, Gopal an 11 year
old boy is forced to work in one of these sweatshops. Reading this book you
feel so much emotion towards this. Maybe a little boy named Gopal never existed
but many kids with the same stories are trapped in these dirty and scary place.
Not knowing if they will have enough food or if they will ever get out of these
places all these kids have is a hope. How do you think we can end this?
Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...

No comments:
Post a Comment