(Note: All posts uploaded 2/10 or after are eligible for comments...starting with Eddie's Doctors Without Borders post. There are five students that got their posts in while mine was still in draft mode. Well done!)
O.K., this post will not exactly be Lucas-like, but I decided to go with the title anyway. Should you watch all of the Star Wars movies? Duh...dumb question I know. But that is irrelevant here. For this writing, we are once again exploring Africa. I found several interesting and valuable topics for which I'd like you to explore. Ready?
In what African countries is coffee grown? How about cocoa beans? For both of these, what does "fair trade coffee/cocoa mean? What can you learn about doctors without borders? Why is sleeping sickness such a huge problem in Africa? Here is another clip on sleeping sickness symptoms, What can you learn from Emily on aids in Africa? What is Nothing but Nets all about? Can you imagine working in the Kopanang Mine in South Africa. Who is Annie Anopheles and what is the importance of this cartoon? How is social media helping people to see wildlife in Africa? How can drones help to protect wildlife? Imagine sitting on the floor at school...all day long.
Your task? Simple. Learn more about any of these stories I have shared with you and give us your take. If you find something different that you would rather write about, please clear it with me and then roll! Share your views with us here in a clever way. And of course, May The Force Be With You.
UPDATED Grading rules are as follows:
Titled, Spelling-Error-Free POSTS must show that you have researched and found something interesting about Africa (4 points) and of course...must contain 75+ words and a *hyperlink and/or video (2 points) and end with a question (1 point). So how do you earn 10 points? Easy: with TRANSITIONS! You need to PROPERLY use at least three in this writing. They must be underlined, and you cannot use the same ones for credit more than once. (1 point apiece, up to 3) Here is another instructional page on transition words. *Alert. Wikipedia links are not acceptable. Find a news article, a video, a topical cartoon/comic...something that will draw the interest of your readers.
Spelling-Error-Free COMMENTS must be the first or second comment made to a post and 50+ words of course (5 points), and once again should clearly show that you have looked up information from the post and added it as part of your response (5 points).
Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
No comments:
Post a Comment