Popular Posts
-
Have you ever heard of the Black Rhino? I wouldn't be surprised if you have. The Black Rhino is among many of the animals that are enda...
-
After reading Noor's post about Diwali, India's festival of lights , I was amazed. I found out that during the celebratio...
-
Nothing But Nets, at first I thought it was a program to send basketball nets to Africa due to the problems with not having many basketball ...
-
I like social studies, but I find the Sumarians and their language, and especially their alphabet, the most interesting! I think its really...
-
If you like watching people dressed up as tigers and dance for two days, then you're in luck! In Thrissur, India there is a festival...
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
The Reality of Virtual Reality
A slight spin on Mr. Hopper's idea of social media helping people see Africa, is people actually seeing Africa without being there. A company named Virtuix had created the first true virtual reality machine, The Omni. If you want to walk, you walk. If you want to jump, you jump. At the present time, it's only been used with video games, but who is to say that it won't have different uses in the future? After all, Google Maps has the layout, so I think it will be a possibility to see places including Africa without actually going there! Do you think that this could replace actually traveling?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment