Sleeping Sickness is a vector borne parasitic disease. Caused by two germs, protazoa, and trypanosomoa brucei gambiense. It is always spread by animal or bug bites but it is unoften to happen through blood transfusion or across the placenta. The tsetse fly, the cause of sleeping sickness, is found in Africa and only in Africa. The fly comprises three groups of different species; Glossin Fusca or forest tsetse, G. palpalis or riverine tsetse, and G. morsitans or savannah tsetse. When exposed to sleeping sickness, the disease will be in rural areas and will depend on fishing , agriculture, animal husbandry, and or hunting. Would you experiment with these flies?
Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Yes I would experiment with these flie even though i might get sleeping sickness its still worth it. Sleeping sickness is also known as Human African transmissions , is transferred by tsetse flies. Tsetse flies are found in 36 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, putting 60 million people or more at risk. The infection attacks the central nervous system, causing severe neurological disorders. Without treatment the disease is deadly. Could the flies fly in the U.S.
ReplyDeleteSounds interesting :D
ReplyDelete