Popular Posts
-
I recently read my friend Reyna's post about endangered Elephants. I went deeper into this topic focusing on how the elephants were ki...
-
I really enjoy Social Studies, but to be more specific I love Ancient History! I think one of the most interesting times in Ancient Hist...
-
Well, in the ancient world, there are a couple of civilizations, Chinese, Phoenicians, Israelites, Egyptians, and many others. Have you hear...
-
Donald sterling was so racist saying he didn't want any black people at his game. This is similar to when a banana was thrown at a socce...
-
In Will J's post he highlighted the Indiegogo project trying to bring Aerial Ranger drones to protect the endangered wildlife in...
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Nothing but Nets
Nothing but Nets is a service that distributes $10 dollar nets to children and adults who are suffering from Malaria. Malaria is a life-threatening disease that is caused by a single mosquito bite. Every 60 seconds, a child dies from Malaria. As a result of this, Africa's population is decreasing rapidly. For example, this is how happy a child is when they recieve a net. I think it's great that there is a service like this, so they can start to help prevent Malaria in sub-Saharan Africa. These nets are very in-expensive and it's such an easy way to contribute to the African population. What do you think, should we take other precautions besides Nothing but Nets?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment