Sleeping sickness in Africa are becoming problematic, therefore it kills hundreds of Africans per year. The disease is transmitted by a tsetse fly bite. This disease can make you have headaches, fevers, and achy muscles. As well as those symptoms, you can get extreme fatigue. Sleeping sickness is a very deadly disease, and you need immediate treatment. It is a fast-killing disease and will kill you in about four months if you're not on any medicine. What do you think about the sleeping sickness problem in Africa?
Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
This is a really amazing post about sleeping sickness. I've heard of the tsetse fly but I also though it was something people made up. After looking in to the tsetse fly I found out that it only lives in Africa, so we don't have to worry about getting bit. I also found out that there are two types of sleeping sickness, West African sickness and East African sickness. East African sleeping sickness is far worse than West African sickness. East African sickness happens much faster and the symptoms are the same as West African sickness but far more painful. I wonder if all tsetse flies give sleeping sickness or if it is only a few of them?
ReplyDelete