Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Mulanje, Malawi
Mount Mulanje is one of the most magnificent places to visit in Africa. It being 3,000 meters in hight is in fact the tallest mountain in Central Africa. The mountain is made up of giant basins of rock. You will find wildlife such as monkeys, hares and voles, also expect to see a variety of the worlds most beautiful wildflowers after a rain. I would love to visit this place because a lot of hiking goes on here, and you are able to venture of on your own path exploring, and observes the beauties of nature. A local name given to this mountain is The Mountain in The Sky, therefore what would you infer from this name having no knowledge about the mountain?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If I had no knowledge of the mountain except the name, I would presume it is a giant mountain supported by columns from the ground giving it the appearance of floating. I don't understand why it is named mountain in the sky; a more appropriate name would be Sky Pillar, since it is 3000 meters high.
ReplyDelete