Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Sleeping Sickness
Around 20% of Africa has the tsetse fly. The tsetse fly is the main culprit for the sleeping sickness. This disease is very deadly if u don't discover it soon enough. Additionally, it is possible that you could die in the next 6 months. If this fly that is infected bites cattle, then the cattle will die. Most of the time the tsetse fly is not infected with the disease. The deathly parasites are carried by the tsetse fly. Furthermore, this disease is so populated that it is found in 36 countries of the saharan Africa. This disease is very deadly and dangerous how would you handle it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This disease sounds awful! Honestly I'm not sure what I would do about the sickness. The only thing I could think to do would be to find a vaccination or destroy the whole entire species itself which would be very hard. I found out that it's called the sleeping sickness because one of the symptoms is falling asleep randomly and there's nothing to do along with other horrible symptoms. What do you think is a good way to prevent the disease?
ReplyDelete