Popular Posts
-
There are lots of cool things about the Ancient Greek culture but the thing I found coolest is music. Music played a big role in the Greek l...
-
When I read Alex’s post about drones patrolling this place called Ol Pejeta Conservancy which holds many different types of animals like ...
-
I've always thought that ancient cultures and history have been fascinating. After all, I prefer them over geography for social studies....
-
Ancient Greece began in 1000 B.C during the bronze age ( a period between the Stone and Iron Ages, characterized by the manufacture and...
-
In the ancient times, they had to hunt and gather for food until the food surpluses. The people had to start farming to provide year-round f...
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Malawi Learning On Dirt
Can you imagine what your life would be like if you didn't have a table or chair in school? Now actually think about it, it sounds like a silly question, I know, but really. What would happen if you had to sit on a dirt floor with your paper in your lap for seven hours? That is the condition for every school in Malawi. You had a cement floor if you were lucky. I've never found cement lucky before. In fact, an average classroom is about 90 students, and their rooms are only the same size as ours. Having even a chair would be a dream, too much to ask for most students. Desks and chairs would do wonders for these Malawi schools. To conclude, I'm asking you, do you want to help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
of course I want to help these poor kids. It's so sad that they don't even have a simple chair to sit on. I read this article about Chipoka, a school in Salima, Malawi. At this school there are 700 students ages six to nineteen. The school has only six old desks, no electricity, and eleven teachers(not including the headmaster).To make things even worse if they need to use electricity they have to ride a bike in to town to use the internet at cafe. I can't imagine that. Can you?
ReplyDelete