Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tragic plane crash in Algeria leaves dozens dead

February 11th 2014 Hercules C-130 (A military plane) the plane crashed into the side of a mountain Oum al-Bouaghi a province in Algeria. The plane Crashed due to bad weather conditions. Only 1 of the 77 passengers survived the impact of the plane crash. Everyone on board was either a military  personal or family members of military personal. The odds of dying in a plane crash 1 in 11 million! which does make it the safest way  to travel i believe the reason why these cases become such big news stories is because its so uncommon. Are you scared of traveling by plane? 

4 comments:

  1. That's horrible! I can't believe only one person survived. What bad weather conditions were there? Was the crash caused by a thunder storm or something worse like a tornado? I've traveled by plane a lot so I'm not that scared of it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't say what the weather conditions were however i'm curious also is to what made the plane go down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not scared of traveling by plane because I do it a lot and a plain hasn't crashed on me yet and plus I read that they are getting safer. I also read that commercial airlines are the safest mode of transport any way you look at it. That is also really sad that they were military personal and military personal family members.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's tragic. What makes it worse is that it was so close to Valentines day. Most of all it makes me thankful that I'm alive, my family is alive, and no one I know died in a horrific way. (not an academic comment).

    ReplyDelete