Popular Posts
-
Yes, it's true. I was looking at Hallie S.'s blog , and decided to look into the subject a little more. Malaria is a problem. CDC(Ce...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
Roaming the History of Rome The legend of how Rome was built is that twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, the sons of Mars...
-
The Tsetse fly is dangerous and is the cause of the deadly African sleeping sickness . The African sleeping sickness is infection with ...
-
For this post I am making a list of some the major Greek Gods, and tell what they were the god of. 1. Zeus- Leader of the gods, a...
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Run for your Lives! The Mosquitoes are Coming!
Malaria can be a deadly disease. Organizations such as Nothing But Nets and Malaria No More are trying stop malaria. Some organizations are determined to wipe malaria out by 2015. There is one widely known eradicated virus called small pox. It is going to be very hard to eradicate malaria since it is transferred by mosquito. I think that this wouldn't be a very realistic goal to eradicate it by 2015, but it may be possible by 2030. The websites for the different malaria organizations have ways to donate to people in Africa. For example, these donations can be used to send mosquito nets to many people in Africa where they have the worst outbreaks, treatment for the infected people, or for preventive cares. What do you think you can do to help stop malaria?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wouldn't have anything for preventing malaria. (I'm not that inventive) I find it quite irritating that mosquitoes are spreading malaria here and there. I also find it interesting how the U.S.plan to try and minimize the death rates of malaria. The U.S.try to stop malaria by making cartoons in the army. Isn't that interesting? I wonder what the world will do next.
ReplyDelete