Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hide and Seek

Did you know that Greeks hid from people way back then too? I thought the most interesting part of this section was when the Greeks conquered Troy. Obviously, the Trojans wouldn't let the Greeks just come into their land, so the Greeks had to improvise. They built a wooden horse and had a couple of soldiers inside of it. The Trojans thought that it was a gift, so they let in the horse. Once it was nighttime, the soldiers got out of the horse, went back to the gate they came in from, and let in the rest of the Greek army. Then, then could fight the Trojans. They caught them off-guard and ended up taking over Troy. What do you guys think about the takeover of Troy through a wooden horse?

2 comments:

  1. I think there is a movie for this because it sounds familiar to me. It is strange that they thought it was a gift because it would be suspicious to me. It was a good idea to hide in the horses and at night they would let them in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the Greek's takeover with a wooden horse is hilarious! I imagine that one of the Greeks said, "Wow, I can't believe they fell for it." There was a hilarious parody of the Trojan Horse in Monty Python and the Holy Grail featuring the Trojan Rabbit! How would you have invaded Troy without the Trojan Horse?

    ReplyDelete