Popular Posts

Monday, October 28, 2013

Why We Give The Greeks A Bit To Much Credit

                Hi everyone, so if you bothered to read the title you know the Greeks, in my opinion, are over credited for some of their accomplishments. For one, am I the only one who finds it strange that these people were able to build an 80-foot high horse in a matter of weeks. And on top of that do this without igniting attack courtesy of the Trojans. Because I don’t know about you but I think it’s pretty obvious these Trojans had some brains inside their skulls if they could build troy and so I would assume that a six story object would typically be treated as a siege tower and attacked with flaming arrows and that entire hubbub. Yes I get the Greeks were intelligent people but could they really construct such an advanced piece of architecture from nearby wood. Oh and how could I forget doesn't it smell a bit fishy to you that the only two records of this are epics which typically are exaggerated and that both epics are credited to the same GREEK poet and there are no Trojan records of this encounter.  So what do you think about all this mess, doesn't this seem funky to you?

2 comments:

  1. Yes Eddie I agree it does seem a little funky. I think that the epics were written in some form of truth but also as a riddle. I think that the Trojans were very ahead of their time in architectural practice because normally people would only know how to build a one story building but someone found out how to build a six story horse! I think the Trojans were smart to sneak in, in a horse! Do you? And why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Eddie. The fact that the Trojans would do this seems a bit half thought out. If this were in someone else’s position, they wouldn’t be in the best of positions. So, even though the Trojan’s were lucky that one time, I would not ask them to do that again. Unless they have a death wish.

    ReplyDelete