Hi
everyone, so if you bothered to read the title you know the Greeks, in my opinion, are over credited for some of their accomplishments. For one, am I the only
one who finds it strange that these people were able to build an 80-foot high
horse in a matter of weeks. And on top of that do this without igniting attack
courtesy of the Trojans. Because I don’t know about you but I think it’s pretty
obvious these Trojans had some brains inside their skulls if they could build
troy and so I would assume that a six story object would typically be treated
as a siege tower and attacked with flaming arrows and that entire hubbub. Yes I
get the Greeks were intelligent people but could they really construct such an
advanced piece of architecture from nearby wood. Oh and how could I forget
doesn't it smell a bit fishy to you that the only two records of this are epics
which typically are exaggerated and that both epics are credited to the same GREEK poet and there are no Trojan records
of this encounter. So what do you think
about all this mess, doesn't this seem funky to you?
Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes Eddie I agree it does seem a little funky. I think that the epics were written in some form of truth but also as a riddle. I think that the Trojans were very ahead of their time in architectural practice because normally people would only know how to build a one story building but someone found out how to build a six story horse! I think the Trojans were smart to sneak in, in a horse! Do you? And why.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you Eddie. The fact that the Trojans would do this seems a bit half thought out. If this were in someone else’s position, they wouldn’t be in the best of positions. So, even though the Trojan’s were lucky that one time, I would not ask them to do that again. Unless they have a death wish.
ReplyDelete