Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Start Of The Olympic Games

                    The Olympics started in Olympia, Greece held every four years. Our Olympics here are The Olympiads in Greece. The first Olympic Games were recorded in 776 BC; 3,000 years ago and they took place to honor the Greek gods. What games did they play? you'd think we would hold tradition but of course things changed over the years. They played games like discus, javelin, jumping, running and wrestling. There wasn't any events like the ones listed before , only one was introduced before a lot more was added, sprint which was approximately 108 meters in length. After a long period of time more events were added like chariot racing and riding. I'm glad we have the games we have today for the Olympics. I believe everyone in a different sport should get the chance to be in the Olympics for their talent and that the Olympics is a beautiful event to take place in. What is your favorite event in the Olympics? if you don't have one, explain why.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it’s really cool to think the Olympics started that long ago! I also think it’s interesting how they did the Olympics to honor the Greek gods! I’m glad that we have a lot games that we still play from 3,000 years back! My favorite Olympian sport is probably Gymnastics! I’m a dancer, and I love to see new tricks and moves. I also like to watch gymnastic because they have amazing, very professional moves that I’ve never seen! If you were able to time travel back 3,000 years ago, what would you want to change about the rules and sport events in the games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Olympic event is soccer because it is so intense and keeps you at the edge of your seat. I also like it because I play soccer and I can learn more about the game. I think it is really cool that they played these game 3,000 thousand years ago and that some of the events are still the same.

    ReplyDelete