Greeks worshiped the twelve Olympians that were Gods
and Goddesses. The Greeks honored their Gods, they asked for blessings and they
tried not to make them mad.
Temples were built where Greeks lived. Zeus was the king of the gods and ruled Gods and men from
atop Mt. Olympus. This is Greece’s highest mountain. To honor Zeus, the
city-states came together every four years for an Olympian festival and
games. The modern Olympics games
are based on this tradition. Why
do you think the Greeks choose to honor Zeus every four years? Why not every
two years?
Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteThis blog is very fascinating and is very entertaining to read! For the reason on why its every four years, i agree with Kevin, the four in chinese does sound like death but i don't even think that they even knew chinese people existed back then let alone China. So maybe the every four years thing was because they thought four was a good year. That's probably wrong though. This blog kind of reminds me of the, "Percy Jackson" series. I do have a question though, do the Greeks live on the mountains? Also, the greeks are gods, or is that not right?
ReplyDeleteAh!! I forgot to add this since i was so caught up but you forgot to add the link part! Just do it before midnight tomorrow and you'll be good to go
ReplyDeleteVery helpful tip about the link...and done politely with a smile!
ReplyDelete