Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Trick or Treat
The Greeks were very tricky and sneaky. They wanted to conquer Troy and therefore gave the Trojans a treat and some tricks up their sleeves. What was this trick and treat? Well you're about to find out. A really long time ago according to the myth,the Greeks used a trick-the Trojan Horse. The Trojan Horse was a humongous horse made out of wood and in the horse were the Greek soldiers. The Trojan horse was rolled right outside the city gates. The Greeks who were hoping that the Trojans would take the bait got their wish because the Trojans took the bait! The Trojans thought it was a gift and therefore brought it in without even taking a second glance inside the horse to see if there any (*clears throat*) humans...partially their enemies, the Greeks. When the sun set down and the moon shined high the Greeks climbed out of the Trojan horse, quietly went to the city gates, and lead in the rest of their army buddies in. After everyone was in they burned Troy and looted the Trojans of their stuff. When finished they went back to their home sweet home. Do you think that they were clever? Was this a good plan?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They are pretty tricky. But then the Greek civilization fell and they only depended on what they raised or made.Some had to move to islands or to the western part of Asia.
ReplyDelete