Popular Posts
-
So I was looking at posts and Travis A's post caught my eye and I couldn't help myself to write about it. Three years ago a women ...
-
When I first heard that people were killing elephant s over their tusk I thought it was wrong. All I could think is "why do they hav...
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
Animal poaching is a big problem in Africa and it has been a long hard road to figure out what to do. Many people think they have found the ...
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Slaves in the Athens
Most families in Greece owned a slave. In fact, most homes needed a slave or things wouldn't really work out. traveling on ships or during the war, armies and pirates would capture people they came across. Those people where then enslaved. The Greeks didn't like having another Greek for a slave, so most of the slaves were foreigners. Also, some of the slaves were children! Slaves would help on the farm, served food, took care of children, and mined. Slaves that would work for families were treated like a family member. Slaves that worked in the mines, were not treated well. The slaves that worked for a family lived much longer then the ones who worked in the mines. What do you think about slavery in Greece?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The slaves that worked in a mine I feel bad for mostly because that the family slaves that help with the children were treated so good and not so much for the slaves in mines and the slaves that worked in the mines didn't live that long its really cruel if you think about it.
ReplyDelete