Popular Posts

Monday, October 28, 2013

Move over! Athena's coming to town!

url.jpg
Of all the Greek goddesses, Athena is my absolute favorite goddess! She is the goddess of war and cunning wisdom. I think Its pretty cool that a woman is the goddess of war! I know many of you boys think a man would take that role. Like in God of War the video game. BUT, surprise surprise! A woman holds the title! Athena also is the goddess of pot-making and wool-working. This amazing goddess is also the inventor, according to the Greeks, of the chariot, the bridle (that is what you call the head gear of the horse), and the very first boat
arrowinflight.wordpress.com I challenge you to find out more about Athena and the gods of Olympus.

3 comments:

  1. That is so true. Men don't always need to rule. You picked a good article to talk about, because boys always think they are always the rulers. My older brother is always making his room very dirty, and my mom to clean up, and he says"Mrwa can do it, she is the girl". I gets me so frustrated, because I always end up his crap. How would deal with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrwa, if the situation was switched and that was me, I would kick him squarely in his toocus. (That's how my dad says butt.) He should not talk to any of you like that! I think his face and my fist need to have a talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mean to correct you but technically Athena is goddess of wisdom and battle strategy, in on of my Greek books i did say war, but Athena is goddess of wisdom too, weather or not she is of war, depends on the myth. Also Ares is the god of war, so maybe there are 2 or maybe it depends on the version of the myth, ether way, it is cool there is such a powerful goddess over a god, GIRL POWER! So, is Athena goddess of war, wisdom, battle strategy, or all of them?

    ReplyDelete