Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Do you know what the Ancient Greeks really built?
To say that we owe a lot to the ancient Greeks is nothing new. Everywhere we look, we see echoes of that world in our own: democracy, philosophy, art, architecture, science, sport, to name but a few. But to properly understand the legacy and impact of the ancient Greeks, we need to grasp four crucial ideas. First of all, thanks to the Greeks our culture is so similar to theirs. For example, the Roman emperor Hadrian loved all things Greek, he completed the temple of Olympian Zeus in Athens. The fact is that the Greeks had been able to complete this massive temple in about 650 years. Now, do you know how the ancient Greeks built some of their inventions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment