Many people think that the Mississippi River
is the longest river in the world, but that's not true. The Nile River is over 4,000
miles long and runs from sources in East Africa to the Mediterranean
Sea . The Nile
River has two main sources.
The White Nile is very mellow and begins in East Africa
and runs northward through many swamps. The Blue Nile is the other main source
and flows through the mountains of Ethiopia . This wild river runs for
about 700 miles in Egypt
spreading fertile soil along the river. Ancient Egyptians praised Hapi, the god
of the Nile , because they believed that he
brings the floodwaters that deposit the rich soil good for farming. The Nile River
brought many people to East Africa and much
more trade to the countries it flows through. Do you think Nile River
made a big impact on the Ancient Egyptians?
Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
this is a very good paragraph i didn't even know that the nile river was larger than the Mississippi river
ReplyDelete