Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

greeks and their weird beliefs

One cool thing or interesting thing about the Greeks where really picky about what they ate. Some a weird, the Greeks had some strange superstitions about food – some
wouldn’t eat beans as they thought they contained the souls of the dead!

I think it’s weird that Greeks thought that the dead were in the beans. But beans.
I don’t think dead souls are in beans. I do not know why they thought dead
souls were in the beans. If want to look at other weird facts about ancient Greeks
go to
http://www.ngkids.co.uk/did-you-know/10-facts-about-the-Ancient-Greeks. Do u think its weird or it is just me because i dont think theres dead souls in beans. what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Alex why would they think that,also beans taste really good i think why they thought that beans are evil probably because they look like there rotten or something.Also because they look very dark.I was wondering what else do Greeks think that there are demons inside of the food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I think it's weird that they thought that dead souls are in beans. I also agree that there are not dead souls in beans. After reading the site you put as a hyperlink I have a new perspective on the Greeks. Do you know why they thought there were dead souls in beans?

    ReplyDelete