Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

GREEKS GREAT GODS

For this post I am making a list of some the major Greek Gods, and tell what they were the god of.
1.       Zeus- Leader of the gods, and the god of the air.
2.       Poseidon- Zeus’s brother and the god of water and the sea. <also god of horses>
3.       Hades- Also Zeus’s brother. God of the underworld.
4.       Athena – Goddess of wisdom.
5.       Aphrodite- Goddess of love.
6.       Ares- God of war
7.       Nike- The God speed, strength, and victory.
8.       Apollo- God of the sun, music, and sports
9.       Artemis-Goddess of the moon



Out of these gods I think that Zeus was the most important to the Greeks. They thought that they had to be on even terms with Zeus or else they would be struck by massive storms. They might have prayed to Hades when a family member died. At sea, if they didn't die, they would thank Poseidon. In Olympic games athletes might worship Nike (popular clothing brand is named after the Goddess). What Greek God do you think is most important?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the most important God for me is Athena Because without wisdom we wouldn't have smart decision making, without smart decision making there won't be any good in the world, and without good what more would there be than bad. I think that Athena is for sure the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Zeus is the most important god for sure because he is the most powerful god first of all, and the most important in my mind. Although I like, and think Zeus is the most important, I believe Nike is the coolest. Zeus is definitely the most important.
    Do you like Nike as well?

    ReplyDelete