Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Poseidon! Please stop those earthquakes!
What I think is cool about Greeks the gods that they worship. It is also funny how people a long time ago think that thunderstorms and earthquakes were caused by Zeus and Poseidon. For example, when thunderstorms are happening, people are like “Oohh nooo! Zeus is angry again!”, to me it is kind of stupid. The reason why I personally think it is so impressive is that all the imagination that they have to make these beliefs and statues of Gods and all those things to worship. I wonder how Greeks would react if they had no gods to worship and if there were something else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEric, that is pretty funny that everyone thought that Zeus and Poseidon were the culprits of thunderstorms and earthquakes. I still wonder how they made those statues and why they worship their gods to the extreme. If the Greeks did not have gods , then the world would be completely different. No Olympics, Democracy, etc. Do you think the Greeks were a major part of the world today?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat's really cool Eric! I think all the things the Greeks blamed their gods on is a little absurd. Their lack of knowledge on weather and geography led to misleads on things, like some of the examples you showed. What do you think their reason was for thinking this?
ReplyDelete