Popular Posts
-
Recently, I was reading Logan F.'s post on the anti-hunting drones in Africa. I feel that it is just about time that something was don...
-
The term archaic Greece refers to the time three centuries before the classical relative between 800 b.c and 500 b.c a relatively sophist...
-
I read Jon Aronin's post about the Kopanang Mine and I realized how dangerous it must be to work down in that mine. Its 2,600 feet belo...
-
I have always been interested in Greek Gods but they’re not the nicest people. Like the Greek God Hephaestus when he was born, Hera, his mot...
-
I find it really interesting that the Sumerians wrote so much and thought that writing was so important to them. They wrote everything dow...
Monday, October 28, 2013
The death horse
The Trojan horse is commonly called the death horse. The myth is that the Trojans built a huge wooden horse that was hollow and let their warriors sit inside while they delivered it to Troy. The people in Troy thought it was a gift and welcomed it with open arms. Then during the night the warriors in the horse crept out and burnt the kingdom and looted the palaces. Then escaped safely back to their own
kingdom. So why do you think that the city of Troy accepted the horse?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCuriosity killed the cat. We all have the feeling inside us that wants to know what is inside of something, what the thing might be, and that you think someone is nice enough to do this for you. That’s sort of what I’m like when it comes to presents. If it doesn’t have a forwarding address or no card, BACK TO THE POST OFFICE!
ReplyDeleteOkay first of all just so I can't be accused of being a hypocrite I want to maintain my belief that I posted that this may never have happened. But if it did then there could have been a few reasons. First of all the Trojans could have taken it as an offering to some god or another and second it could have been just general human curiosity. Now I suppose we could theories all day, a ransom, a gift or many others but none the less what matters in the homer poems is that it was taken inside none the less.So I ask you this-why do you think the Trojans well for the trick?
ReplyDelete